I usually make sugar cookies for Valentine's Day, but since I'm going to be out of town the weekend before, I decided to just go ahead and do it now! I cut them out and baked them during the afternoon while the kids were at school. Needless, to say, they were fabulous. I'm not bragging, it's an amazing recipe.
Here is the other amazing part, I let my kids frost some and didn't freak out at the frosting sprinkle mess. Last time I attempted this feat, I had serious issues, but this time we had fun together. Unfortunately, I'm not so self-actualized that I can get out the camera at the same time, so you'll just have to take my word for it that they did frost cookies and that we did have fun.
We decided to deliver some to our neighbors this year. The girls are outside riding their scooters almost every afternoon with the neighborhood kids and I thought this would be a nice way to get to know the families a little better. We also shared some of the tons of oranges off our tree. It was a fun evening and the neighbor kids all said they loved the cookies.
Saturday, February 4, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
These look delicious. Now you need to send me the recipe. Please. :)
Post a Comment