We had a lot of fun this year with the jog-a-thon. The theme was "Serra-tropolis: Where Super is What We Do" and the whole thing revolved around the kids being superheroes! One of the events leading up to the big day was "Cape Day". Miriam asked me if I would make a cape for them and for some strange reason I said yes.
I happened to have a lot of red material from a past (unfinished) project and I found a template/pattern online that I used. It actually wasn't too hard and I became a superhero in the eyes of my children as I sewed on my sewing machine.
Miriam wanted a butterfly on her cape and Liz wanted SG for 'super-girl'. Not to brag or anything, but I thought they turned out pretty dang awesome.
Of course, after I finished the big girls' capes, Rachel wanted one too! I was out of red fabric, but I found some blue felt. She wanted Batman on her cape and this is what she got.
They looked unbelievably cute as they walked to school with their friends that morning.
The girls did a great job fundraising and our neighborhood and family was very supportive. We pledged the girls $1 per lap so that they would run their best. Last year I think they each ran under 20 laps, so I figured around $50. I lucked out in that 2nd and 3rd grade were on the same track. Even though I was helping Liz's class, I was able run a lap with each girl and cheer them both on. I think I did too much cheering though as Liz ran 31 laps and Miriam ran 36 laps!!! It was a very fun day for everyone.
Friday, September 28, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
very cute, awesome job on the capes!
Post a Comment