She gets to go to Activity Days twice a month and has made some good friends with the other girls in our ward. They are all sweet girls and I just wish I could be a fly on the wall at activity days. Fortunately, the other mom we carpool with usually has a story or two for me about the goings on.
One of her birthday presents was a trip out for frozen yogurt with her friend in the grandma's convertible. The girls had a blast and felt super cool.
Liz is also a great big sister and like to help out at home. She organizes her sisters into different games and activities all the time.
Liz has also started doing her own hair most days. She loves to experiment with new styles and I help out where I can. But she always lets me do whatever I want on Sundays, which I love.
One of Liz's big accomplishments this school year is finishing the Harry Potter series. She started the first book towards the end of second grade and worked her way through the series during the summer and now in third grade. The deal was that when she finished the book, she could watch the movie. Her and Dad watched the movies together. The best part was when she learned that she could take the AR tests on these books. Because they are so long and a higher grade level, she earned a whole bunch of points. Where most kids work really hard to earn 25 points during the trimester, she earned 28 points from one test alone! She's a sponge and she takes it all in.She is in the G.A.T.E. program this year too. They are producing a school newspaper and Liz is looking forward to seeing her name in print this year. Another highlight in her third grade year is that her teacher has a microwave she lets the kids use for their lunch. Liz enjoys a heated bagel and cream cheese most days for lunch.




1 comment:
She is so grown up these days! I mean before I know it she's going to be in YW! Crazy. I love that she wears her cowboy boots every time they practice. I would say you made a good investment. :)
Post a Comment