So, I don't think I mentioned it, but back in June or July somewhere, I was released as a counselor in the primary presidency and called as primary president. I accepted the calling with the request that I be released as ward organist. (I played every other month.) I also realized that I was called just in time for the primary program in September. Great. I don't know why, but I feel like it's the hardest thing in the world to write a primary program. Then I finally sit down to do it (after procrastinating and feeling awful while it hangs over my head) and it turns out to be not that bad after all.
Anyway, as part of our primary program preparations, we took a picture of the whole primary. I really do love these cute kids. Primary is a very fun calling and I enjoy it. I never thought I would be in primary. (I envisioned myself as more of a YW or RS person) But I have a great love for the kids, I enjoy teaching them the gospel in sharing time, getting to know them, and I L.O.V.E. singing primary songs every week. We have a good time in primary.
The unsung heroes of primary are the teachers. That calling is no joke. I have only been a primary teacher twice, for about 9 months each time. While I loved it and the kids I taught....it was hard to do week in and week out.
Our program was Sept 16th this year. We practiced the two weeks before hand during the primary hours. We have this group of about 6 or 7 boys ages 10-11. The oldest girls are both 9. The boys each gave a talk on the different themes we learned about during the year. They did such a great job. You could hear their personalities come through and knew it wasn't written entirely by their parent. They also bore sweet testimonies. The music was lovely also. The kids knew all the words and sang beautifully.
I wasn't sure how long the program would run and had planned to speak at the end if needed, but hadn't really prepared to speak. I ended up giving a short talk that reviewed some of the concepts we learned in primary throughout the year and how important it is to attend primary. There was a large crowd, due to visitors to see the kids, but I got lots of compliments afterwards and felt the spirit throughout the meeting.
My parents and Jules and Rick came up and Nana and Papa came out too. We had a late lunch after church. The girls loved having family come and see them. It was very nice to sit and visit with everyone afterward.
Sunday, September 16, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment