I am learning to love this Fall Break we have now in Ventura. Seriously fun. We, of course, had a list of things we wanted to do and had a good time doing them!!! We started off the week with the stuff that had to get done: laundry, vacuuming, clean bathrooms, etc. Then we started playing. We shopped for the rest of the party stuff at the dollar store. I love the dollar store. We bought the rest of the paper products and all the goodie bag stuff. I think we were going to make about 12 goodie bags, so Miriam had to find items that had at least 4 per package. In the afternoon, we worked on making their Halloween bags.
One of my cousins has an October birthday and we made trick-or-treat bags at her party one year. I love mine and still have it and wanted the girls to make one too. I bought the black puffy paint and canvas bags at Micheal's (3 for $10) and already had a ton of orange paint. I also bought some cheap sponges at the dollar store. I cut out some rough shapes, but the girls thought they were fine. They had fun sponge painting their bags and then later I did the puffy paint outlines.
On Tuesday, we went ice skating. The girls had passes from school and I also took a beehive from our ward who ice skates a lot. There was hardly anyone else there and it was perfect. Liz had a hard time, but was extremely determined. Miriam developed her own windmill style of skating. She went down a lot, but she kept getting back up! Rachel mostly liked being dragged along by myself or Iva while she said, "I'm skating, I'm skating!" After one lap around, she lost interest and wanted to play the video games. The games were just outside the rink, but since there wasn't a big crowd, I could still see her just fine, so I kept skating with the girls. At one point, both Liz and Mimi took a break and Iva and I got to skate for real! I really enjoy ice skating (as opposed to roller skating). I'm not great, but I'm decent. I can get around the rink and get a little speed and then stop myself. No Olympic champion, but I have fun. It was a good afternoon.
That night, I had movie tickets that were going to expire. I tried finding a buddy to see a movie with, but it was very last minute and it was Tuesday. So I ended up taking the big girls to see "Hotel Transylvania." We had a blast. The movie was actually pretty cute and perfect for my girls. It was just a good time had by all.
Wednesday evening, the whole family went to see Brave at the cheapie theater. The girls were really excited to see the movie. The theater has a date night deal on Wednesday (2 tickets, 2 popcorns, 2 drinks for $10) so everyone had snacks to enjoy. The girls mostly liked the movie. I wasn't a huge fan and don't plan on buying that one on DVD, but it was a fun family activity.
Thursday I taught piano and we hung out at the house. Friday was Daddy's 'off-Friday' and he and Ryan worked in the back yard. We finished off the week with the ward Halloween carnival, but that will have to be another post.
Thursday, October 25, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
You are seriously so much fun! I feel like your girls are getting practically the same childhood we had. Which is awesome! :) Love the Halloween bags. That's definitely on my list of things to do with my kids this Fall. I'm so over the lame plastic pumpkin buckets.
Post a Comment