Thursday, January 17, 2013

Snow Day/Spelling Bee

Now that my kids are getting bigger, there is more stuff going on and it's more likely that things happen on the same day.  Thursday was the school spelling bee (that Liz made it into) AND it was snow day at preschool.  I didn't want to miss anything!

The spelling bee was at 8:30, so I took Rachel to 'Early Birds' at school and then went back to the big girls school.  Liz survived a spelling bee in her class and then was in the top two of her class in the whole 3rd grade.  So the top two from each class in the 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades were in the school spelling bee.  She looked so cute with her sock bun and her adorable red jacket.

She made it through three rounds with the words running, guitar, and library.  For the fourth round there were only 7 kids and she misspelled protein.  Three other kids got out on that round.  By the end there were a couple technical errors and I was really glad my kid wasn't one of the final two!  I was really proud of her though.  She was excited and had fun doing it.  We're already working on spelling lists for next year and practicing every day!

Just kidding!

After the (rather dramatic) ending of the spelling bee, I hurried over to the preschool for snow day.  One of the great things about two years of preschool is that I know what to expect this time around and so does Rachel.  We borrowed some snow pants and shoes that Rachel wore around the house for two days before.  She was also thrilled to wear her new gloves and hat!
She had a blast sledding down the little hill and starting a snowball fight with her teacher (who loved it too!)  She kinda ate it on her first run down, but then she figured it out.
 
 
 

1 comment:

elizabeth said...

That Rachel is a scalawag!! Starting snowball fights w/ her teacher!! We love her!!