Thursday, February 21, 2013

Patriotic Program

The 2nd grade does a patriotic program every year.  Unfortunately, last year, Liz got sick the day of the program and had to miss it.  This meant that it was still new and exciting when second-child Miriam got to do the program.  She had memorized her lines and was very ready.  Liz had the assignment to cover the program for the school paper.  She had interviewed some second graders and also a teacher about the program and was super-duper excited to take pictures at the program.  I let her use our big camera and she had fun practicing.  We came home with over 50 pictures.

Each class was in red, white or blue and some of the kids were in costumes of people from American history.  The program was cute and well-rehearsed.  Mimi did a great job on her part too.

(Do I look tired?  I'm pretty sure I was exhausted after teaching piano all afternoon, trying to feed the kids, show Liz how to work the camera and then get them out the door for this program.  Thursdays are just long days.)
 Mr. Sather, the school principal.
 A picture of a dad taking a picture.
 
 
 

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Mimi's such a cute little 2nd grader with her missing tooth and glasses. I love it! And I bet Liz felt so grown up getting to take pictures with the big camera!

Jules said...

Wow! You are some big girls Joy! Can't wait to see them all this weekend :)

Aunt Betsy said...

Good photographer, Liz!!! Mim'e looked great and I bet she sounded great too! I love the Patriotic themed program idea!!