Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Preschool Field Trip

Rachel's preschool went to a farm for a field trip.  This farm is actually a research facility for a university ag program.  Some of the kids kept asking where the animals were.  But the kids got to taste some foods like snap peas and chick peas.  They also got to plant their own bean plant, make a bracelet with the three things plants need (water, dirt, sun), touch some worms and enjoy a story time.  We also got to take home an avocado and an orange!  My favorite exhibit was a garden showing the top ten crops grown in Ventura County.  I knew about the strawberries (#1) and the lemons, but was surprised to see raspberries.  I learned that all the fields I see with the covers are raspberries.  Ventura also grows a lot of avocados, oranges, and cut flowers.

Planting her bean seeds.
 
 Learning about and holding earth worms and other bugs.
 Snack time!!!
 Photo op!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Fun field trip! That's pretty cool that Ventura grows so many crops. Also, now I want berries. :)