Thursday, May 30, 2013

One More Field Trip

I got to go with Liz's class to the Limoneria lemon packing plant.  I signed Rachel up for 'Early Birds' and 'Stay and Play' at preschool.  This meant that all SIX of us needed lunches packed that day!
Rachel was beyond thrilled to go to school early and to stay after.  She is just a funny girl.  She also loves her Color Run stuff.
Liz and I had fun on the bus together and we rocked the hair nets they made us wear.  They have a solar garden that provides 1/3 the energy needed to run the packing plant.  I also thought it was interesting that they have large fans throughout the orchards.  If the temperature drops below a certain point, they use the fans to stir and warm the air.
After the tour of the packing plant, we got to go into one of the orchards and pick tangerines, grapefruits, and oranges.  The kids thought this was awesome.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

That IS awesome! I am way impressed that they are able to generate that much energy from the solar panels. Very cool.

Aunt Betsy said...

That is so funny. . . I was going to say, "That is so awesome!" But Shannon beat me to it! Great minds. . . So interesting how they manage things to well!