Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Cub Scout Carnival

I'm pretty sure there are times when my kids are annoyed that their mom is in primary with them.  But this was one week they were really grateful for my calling.  Our cub scouts are combined with all the Ventura wards.  For the cub scout carnival, our primary had to provide a booth and Jim had to be at mutual, so the girls got to attend the carnival.  I warned them to be good and that it wasn't really for them.  The gal in charge put a lot of effort into organizing the event and it was super-duper awesome.  There was a bounce house, a 'jail', several game booths, lots of prizes to win, hot dogs, pop corn and ice cream sandwiches to be had, special reptile guests, and lots of fun.  My girls were thrilled.
Rachel loved the jail and thought it was hilarious to be put in there.  Miriam had her eye on the biggest, best prize and (the smartie-pants that she is) figured out the games that paid out the most, ticket-wise, and took home the alligator.
I thought the 'Angry Birds' booth was really creative and cute.  And the 'Toilet Paper Toss' can only be found at a Cub Scout carnival!!!
 
 

2 comments:

elizabeth said...

Are those bean bags in the toilet paper toss shaped like. . . no they can't be. . .Its just my imagination.

Shannon said...

This looks like such a fun event! The toilet paper toss is hilarious and I'm impressed with Mimi's drive to win that prize.