Saturday, June 6, 2009

Breakfast with the Butterflies

My parents took the girls to the SB zoo this morning for "Breakfast with the Butterflies." They had come to visit for Lizzie's birthday party later that day. It was a perfect way to keep the girls occupied before the party. They enjoyed a little breakfast and some fun activities throughout the zoo.
Brave Lizzie actually touched the disgusting cocharoach. (Gross!)
They got to plant little herbs in a bunny pot. (Yea! Another project!)
For some reason my girls would rather have their hands painted, not their faces. I'm okay with this b/c it facilitates clean-up. I also love how Mimi is trying to smile for the camera, but has to see what the person next to her is doing. If I had a nickel for every picture she takes like that: I would be rich!

They played with the "butterflies" and "spiders" at the play area.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Shannon said...

That looks like such a fun time and not even too crowded. Woohoo for grandparents keeping those girls busy pre-party. I bet they were beyond tired by the end of the day.

vdhfamtng said...

I know what you mean about Mimi! Nathan is the same way. I have to take every picture of him twice. Once w/ him looking at something going on around him, and another of him actually looking at the camera! :)

Grandma B said...

Are you kidding, Shannon, Grandma and Grandpa were tired beyond belief. We're still trying to catch up from our wild weekend of partying!! We had a fun time, though!! I'm glad you thought of it, Joy!! Thanks :-)

Tasha said...

What a fun grandma and grandpa!! Way to make the morning fun for Lizzie too Aunt Betsy and Uncle Bob. :)