Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Happy Birthday Lizzie!!


Today Elizabeth is FIVE!!! She asked her daddy yesterday, "Can you believe that I'm going to be 5 tomorrow?" I don't know about him, but I can't believe it. She is registered for Kindergarten and we got into the "A" school in our area. (The rest are C's and D's.) She asks just about everyday when will she get to go to Kindergarten. I've tried to explain the concept of summer break, but it's lost on her.

Things she can do now that she's 5:
  • Open the van door.
  • Unbuckle herself.
  • Climb big things at the playground.
  • Write her name, the alphabet (upper and lower) and her numbers.
  • Count almost to 100.
  • Make her bed.
  • Hop on one foot.
  • Put on a DVD all by herself.
  • Use a big fork at the table.
Lizzie loves to be my helper and volunteers to put away her sisters' clean clothes. She is always happy to set the table. She is also very happy to be "in charge" if I'm out of the room for a minute. We love having Lizzie in our family and can't wait to see all the fun things she'll do in the coming year!

3 comments:

Grandma B said...

Happy Birthday to my #1 granddaughter!! I, also, can't believe she is five years old and going to kindergarten. It seems like just yesterday that she was born and we were in your little apartment in Provo passing her back and forth. . .sigh! She is amazing and I can't wait to give her a big hug next week :-)

Shannon said...

Wow. 5 is a biggie! I love that she is such a responsible, helpful, smart, beautiful little girl. Glad I get to be her auntie and be a part of her life. I am so excited to get to play with everyone next weekend!

Tasha said...

Yea for birthdays!!! I can't believe she is 5 either! Amazing how fast these kids are growing up. It is just amazing to me. I really am so excited about her getting into the good school. So exciting!