Monday, August 10, 2009

Beach Day!!!! (finally)

So I had this great schedule for the summer. All sorts of fun things were planned. One thing on the schedule was "Beach Day" every Monday. We did it a few summers ago and it was so fun. Unfortunately, I could never gear myself up for it this summer and there was always something else that really needed to get done (like laundry or grocery shopping). So here we are going to the beach for the first time this summer on August 10th. "Time to start hanging the shame curtains."
Lizzie's awesome sand castle that you can't really see. It's hard to take pictures with a baby on your lap.
The amazing one-legged baby!!!
Eating a "sand"wich.
Still not a fan of the sand touching her.
But happy to play!!!

Anyway, the girls had a blast!!!! They played in the sand for as long as I could hold them off from going in the water. Rachel didn't really like the sand. She was standing on the towel and leaning on me at first. But then the towel got shifted and one foot was in the sand. She didn't like that very much, so she just kept that foot in the air. Even sitting on the towel, she didn't like the sand on her and kept one foot in the air. We did finally go in the water, she still didn't like the sand and kept one foot in the air. Finally, towards the end, she put both feet in the water and liked it. She kept trying to sit down and let the water come over her. She thought that was great.

Miriam had to stare down the seagull who was eyeing her sandwich!!!
Everyone was having fun in the water.
Can you tell that her mom likes green?
And their mom likes pink?!?!
Again, the amazing one-legged baby!!!

The girls are so big and this year were able to run and play in the waves by themselves. (I was still close, but I didn't have to hold their hand.) They went down a couple times, but I told them to jump up and they went right back in!!! We might have to squeeze in another trip before school starts. Miriam said she wanted to bring her daddy to the beach and as we were getting in the car, Lizzie asked me when she can learn to surf!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

That looks so fun! Seriously shame on you for living SO close and not going yet this summer. ;) I think you should plan a family outing for one of Jim's off Fridays and maybe do a hot dog roast. Those are always fun. Also I love that your girls are covered from head to almost toe. Cute whities.

Tasha said...

So fun!!! I love going to the beach. We have only done it 3-4 times this year and I wanted to do it MUCH more than that. :( Hopefully we can still go at least one more time. This year has been perfect because Brayden is happy on the Sand, Tanner can do the water by himself and Chase usually sleeps part of it and then just sits and looks around him. Love it. Glad you had a fun day and hopefully you do get to go at least one more time! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, you're brave...go Joy! I'm glad it turned out fun for everyone. I haven't attempted the beach because I'm afraid it will be a total disaster. Maybe I'll work up the courage to try next summer.

James, Cameo, Jacob, and Eli said...

Oh, I miss those days!!