Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Ventura County Fair

Today we went to the fair with the Springers. It was "Dollar Day" so we went early. The bus ride was crowded, but uneventful. We started off by checking out the photography building. There were definitely some fun and interesting photos. Then we peeked in the Home Arts building to check out the table setting. I wanted to get an idea of what to expect tomorrow. I'm really glad I did because the tables were all set differently than I had prepared mine!!! So I've got some work to do tonight. Also, some were rather extravagant, but there were a few that were more my style.
Rachel had a moment with a duck.
Learning how to milk a "cow".
Some photo ops!
We checked out some of the animals and then made our way to the pig races. The pig I was rooting for won. Yay! By that time we were ready for some fair food, so we made our way back down to the roasted sweet corn. There are hardly words for how delicious it was. I really could have eaten two. The girls both finished theirs too. Then we checked out the Youth Expo building. They had a kaliedascope exhibit with big ones and digital ones and all sorts of fun things to see. The girls also love playing with the wooden toys in there.
Yummy fair treats!
By that time, Rachel was done. So we got our cotton candy and headed for home. It was a fun day at the fair and we're excited to go back with Daddy on Friday!

5 comments:

Gwen said...

L O V E Miriam's face in the cow milking picture. You guys really should come visit us sometime so that the girls can milk a REAL cow ;) Cute idea though. I love fairs! Good luck on your table setting tomorrow.

Shannon said...

SO fun! I love the fair. I am determined that we go this year. That corn eating picture is priceless. I hope your table setting goes well too. If I was there I would so vote for you. :)

Mom said...

I can't wait for tomorrow and my big fair day with Dee. I really can't wait to see your table. Good luck setting it up. The corn picture is perfect. I hope to be eating one of those tomorrow myself. Enjoy setting your table!!

Tasha said...

So very fun!!! Good luck with your table too. I hope it all goes well. Very very fun. You are such a good Mom.

The Curnow Family said...

Oh my goodness, the picture of the corn would be complete if mom was in it with 2 things of corn in her hand! ha It actually looks really good. But so does the cotton candy! That so fun your pig won! I loved how the was the event was always made it too at the fair! haha