Sunday, November 14, 2010

Mimi's Soccer Party

After seeing the cute way Lizzie's team mom framed the banner for the girls, I decided I needed to do the same thing for Mimi's team. After Rachel and I dropped off the girls at school, we went to the dollar store and bought frames and balloons for Mimi's team. I spent the morning cutting up the banner and framing their little names and numbers. I also had to stitch up the bag that held the banner.

We picked up Miriam at 11:20, she got to go early for the Veteran's Day assembly at school. We ran around town to pick up the rest of the coaches' gifts. I had planned to do that the day before, but got a flat tire and the day was gone. We ran all our errands and then went to In-N-Out for lunch.

Miriam's party was at the same park where they have practice, the coach brought a couple pizzas and everyone else brought drinks, treats and munchies. It was very easy. We got there a bit early and decorated the table. The girls were mostly just excited to get their trophies. Since we just had daylight savings end, it was getting dark by the time we were done. It was also windy and I had all three kids to keep track of, so I didn't get a picture of Mimi with her coach. But everyone had fun and Miriam really liked her trophy.

3 comments:

elizabeth said...

You'll have to take a picture of Mimi with her picture and trophy tonight so we can see it!! What do you think. . .was it easier or harder having it at the park? Rachel looks happy ;-)

Shannon said...

That looks like a fun party! Only in CA can you have a soccer pizza party at the park in November. :) I want to see a picture of the framed poster too. I'm sure it turned out great. And now soccer is officially over!

elizabeth said...

Thank you very much ;-)