The kids ended up being sick the rest of the weekend. So we were productive at home. I took down Thanksgiving and Jim and I brought in the Christmas boxes. I got most of Christmas put up on Friday. On Saturday, I ran to Big Lots to find some new red-ball Christmas ornaments. They had the colored mini-trees on sale. So I bought a pink one for the girls' room and a star, some garland, and some ornaments for it. The whole thing was only twenty bucks. They had so much fun decorating
their tree and loved sleeping with the lights on.



I remember a couple times growing up (when Mom really just wanted to have her nicely decorated tree out front) and we got to have a tree in our room. We had so much fun decorating it by ourselves and I loved laying in bed and staring at the colored lights.
By the end of the day on Saturday, I got all of Christmas done except the tree decorated. The babysitter came at 5:40 and we headed out for dinner and Harry Potter! Cafe Rio did not disappoint and neither did Harry Potter. It was a very fun first half of the last book!!! Can't wait until July when the series will be finished. What a great date night. :)
We decided to keep the girls home on Sunday too, but I still had a couple meetings and the organ and primary. I left the house before 9 and didn't get home until after 3. Then there was still choir practice that evening and sick kids at home to take care of. It was a long Sunday!!! But we enjoyed our weekend home together. Now it's back to the grindstone!!
5 comments:
I love the pink tree!
Ok the girls' tree is awesome. They are too cute decorating it together too. It totally gives me flashbacks of our "kid" tree years.
Bummer that the girls were sick, but it is nice to be able to all be home with nowhere you have to go. Hope you guys aren't having too painful of a Monday getting back into the swing of things. Love you!
PS-I can't wait to see what you got me! :)
I saw a pink Christmas tree at Lowe's and wondered who would want a pink one. But what a great idea for the girls to have their own tree!
Cute tree! What a fun idea.
You can tell the girls feel so grown up decorating their own tree and the pink tree is perfect for their room. Was Rachel jealous?? "Where my tree?" It's so great to have the house ready for the holidays!! AND tomorrow they officially begin! We had a great R.S. cookie exchange activity this evening that really kicked off the holidays in the right spirit!
Post a Comment