We had big plans for Friday too, but they were cut short when Lizzie came down with the bug that has been plaguing our area/family/ward recently. So we all stayed in our PJs all day. The girls watched a TON of Avatar. We are all hooked on it right now and we have it on Netflix. It's fun to watch them all in order and follow the story.
Saturday morning, Jim had to go to a leadership meeting at 8am. We got ourselves up and going and went to the church at 10 for the primary program practice. We got through the program and practiced the songs and fed the kids some pizza. Later, while Rachel was down for her nap, I took the big girls to the nail salon. Lizzie had been asking to go with me for a long time, and they were both excited. They got "mini-manis". They soaked their nails, got them filed, lotioned their arms and had warm towels on them. Then they painted their nails. Miriam chose hot pink and the girl put a layer of glitter over it. Lizzie chose neon green, but the lady suggested alternating the green and pink, which turned out really cute. Then they sat and read their books in their chairs while they waited for Mommy to be done. I had a blast sitting between my two big girls while we all got our nails done.
Today was the primary program. The kids all did a great job. The girls had memorized their parts and said them loudly and clearly. They also did a great job singing the songs they had learned. I'm so glad that it's all done and I can start worrying about next year's program now! During primary, we let them watch a movie ("Finding Faith in Christ") and fed them popcorn and cookies. Then we pulled them out class by class to work on a little thank-you project for their teachers. Here are Lizzie and Mimi's primary classes.




2 comments:
What a fun, busy weekend! I love that you took the big girls for manicures with you! It makes me excited to have a daughter to do girly stuff with. :) They are too cute with their pictures showing off their nails too.
I'm so glad that your program went well too! Sounds like it was a pretty fun day for the kids. They got to perform, then veg and eat during primary. Lucky ducks. Have I mentioned how much I love Lizzie's polka dot dress? It's adorable.
PS-I discovered a new website that sells all things girly for super cheap (tutu's, pettiskirts, flowers, headbands, hats, etc.) It's www.haloheaven.com. Check it out!
I think going to get mani's with your daughters is so great! I had to wait until you were grown-ups before I could even afford it!! Shannon, you can go off with your daughter while the boys are off on their Boy Scout activities!! So fun! Mother/daughter things are so great!
Post a Comment