It's finally here, the last week before we move. Yesterday, was our last Sunday with our ward. Amazingly enough I didn't have to teach anything in primary! I played the organ in sacrament and turned in my folders, keys, manuals and then had a mini-presidency meeting so hopefully, nothing will slip through the cracks in this turn-over. We had a "Break-the-Fast" right after church. I thought it was kind of weird for a ward to do that (usually, it's done in the singles wards) but it ended up being fun and there was a lot of good food! They had the primary sing a couple songs and then they gave me a little notebook that all the kids (and some adults) had written little notes in for me and the family. It was very sweet.
After we finally got home(!), Jim and I took down the beds in the girls rooms and then just put their mattresses on the ground. That pretty much took until bedtime. We put them down and then Jim got packed up for his trip and we went to bed. Jim had to walk out the door at 3:30am this morning to get on a plane at 6am (not his 1st choice in flight!)
When the rest of us got up this morning, we got ourselves ready and then I took the girls over to a friend who had offered to watch them. It worked out just great! They have a lot of fun toys (any house that isn't your own has great toys) and the girls didn't want to leave. I picked up a few last things at the grocery store, worked on laundry, packed a few more boxes and got the TV and phone switched over to the new address.
It was a good thing I had planned to take the girls to a movie today, otherwise they never would have left my friend's house!!! But they were excited to see "Tangled" again and I was excited to take them--I (heart) the cheapie theater. I read the book to Rachel every night and she kept telling me all the characters this morning. We got the kids packs and hot dogs and called it lunch. They were so good and it is nice that they are old enough to do this. It didn't stress me out, they all stayed in their seats the whole time, and Rachel only spilled a third of her popcorn. ;)
Now we're home and Rachel is taking her much needed nap! I have a couple piano lessons this afternoon and we'll see what kind of packing I can get done in-between. Only FOUR more days!
Monday, March 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Sounds like a productive last two days. Good luck with these next 4. You can do it. Moving is stressful...but it sounds like you are at top of it all. I cannot wait to see pictures of the new house!
Post a Comment