Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Me & Rachel

Rachel and I are getting a lot of one on one time. It reminds me of the days when Lizzie and Mimi were little and we would just hang out together all day, everyday. Sometimes we just sit and watch a movie, sometimes she lets me help her with a puzzle, sometimes we sing songs together, and sometimes she just entertains herself while I listen from the other room and laugh on the inside.

This week, we registered her at preschool for next fall. She will go two days a week from 9 to noon and I'm pretty sure she'll love it. In the meantime, we're still having our bonding time. I love to listen to her play. Today, she was doing a puzzle and singing to herself. She loves her Belle doll, but she calls it Meg from "Hercules". She also loves the rug in front of the sliding door and this rug I put in front of the door to the garage. She calls it her magic carpet. I love that she picks the dirtiest places in the house to play.
She came running out front this afternoon saying, "I look like Snow White!" and wearing the dress that is meant for a stuffed bear.
We've been potty training again. She pretty much refuses to wear a diaper or even a pull-up since we bought new Rapunzel panties (the 2T/3T Tinkerbell ones I bought were too small...sheesh). She doesn't really tell me when she has to go potty, but she has started telling me after she pees in her pants. Which is actually an improvement over peeing in her pants and still just playing. We tend to have accidents in the afternoon when I am more distracted by the big girls. ;) But I think it's going better than the last attempt.

3 comments:

Amy said...

So I haven't checked blogs for awhile so totally missed the fact that you moved into a new house. So fun! I completely understand your excitement over an attached garage, too. And yea for preschool...I want to sign Hailey up but I don't know where we'll be for sure.

Shannon said...

Cute cute girl! Weston said she looks like Lizzie. :) Glad you got her all registered for preschool. You're going to have 2 completely free mornings a week! What are you going to do with yourself?!? It was good to chat yesterday. Miss you!

Anonymous said...

What a funny girl! Hooray for preschool next year! It will be so nice for you to have two mornings to yourself. Wow, running errands without kids in tow or curling up with a good book and not getting interrupted...the possibilities are endless ;)