I bought the birdhouses at Micheal's and a couple more paint colors. I already had the brushes and some colors at home. We started by just painting a base coat. Rachel did all of her's one color and then painted another color on top of that, but she totally filled in all the blank spaces. Later in the afternoon we painted the designs on them. There was a definite Rapunzel theme going on. It was just plain fun and we need to do it again soon.
In other news, we picked up the big girls' glasses this morning. They pretty much love them and the cases they came in. They are also very excited that they are the only kids in their respective classes with glasses.




3 comments:
Grandpa Bob and I think your glasses are fabulous and those cases are SO fun!! What lucky girls to be the only ones in their classes to get glasses. Hey, that rhymes!! They are so much like their mother, who came out of the doctor's office and proudly announced to everyone waiting in the waiting room, "Mom, I get to have glasses!!" Then went to school and found out that other kids had glasses too, but just weren't wearing them until Joy started proudly wearing hers. Such an example of standing for good things influences others for good too!! Your birdhouses are great too!! Such a wonderful spring break!!
My boys would have Loooooved making these. And Ilove the glasses too! You girls are so darn cute!
Oh my gosh, this is totally cute!
Post a Comment