Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Friday & Saturday

We had a lazy morning on Friday, which was just nice. Grandma needed a break from her hectic pace, so we took it slow and just played. Grandma had a fun new sticker book that the girls made good use of. In the afternoon, we drove out to Long Beach to pick up Auntie Mel from the airport. We thought we were early though, so we stopped at Grandma Snowball's house to say hi for a bit. It was so nice to see her and the girls showed her their new glasses. Then Mel called to say that we weren't early and that she was waiting!!! So we hurried over to the airport.

When we got home, we jumped into the 'pool' for a quick swim. Rachel is so tall that she can touch the bottom with her toes and have her head and shoulders out of the water! But the girls had fun splashing about.
After dinner, Mel and Grandma ran some errands. I bathed the girls and let them open an Easter present early: "Tangled"!!! They loved it on the small screen as we ate popcorn and relaxed before bed.

We had a pretty full day planned for Saturday. Our family friends, the Greens, were marrying off their last child! It was pretty exciting. We headed out to the temple by 10am while the girls got some quality time with Auntie Jules. The sealing was nice, Quinn and Becky (the younger) were very cute and everything a young couple should be. It was really fun to chat with my friend, Jordan for a bit afterward also.

We hurried home to dye eggs with the girls. They had fun and Rachel totally got into it this year.
The girls had so much fun with their Auntie Mel...and I did too. Usually, when I see Mel, we have the whole family together (which is good too) but this time I got some more face time with my sister.
(And Rachel was being her little weirdo-self playing in Chloe's crate.)
After we dyed eggs, we went over to the luncheon where I got to see some more of our friend's family and some people from my ward growing up. It was nice to visit and the girls were very well behaved. Rachel sat on Lizzie's lap while she fed her rice! It was pretty cute. By the time we got home from all of that, I was exhausted and my kids were too. I decided to just stay home with the girls and get them to bed early.

After they went to sleep, I put together their Easter baskets. I bought new matching ones this year with the liners and I thought they turned out pretty cute. There were coloring books, stickers, an art project, books, puzzles, goggles and snorkles, DVDs, sticker earrings (a huge hit), flip flops and a chocolate bunny!
Luckily, Jules and Mel came home and helped me stuff all the eggs for our Easter egg hunt the next day. Here we are in all our PJ glory!
I then stayed up WAY too late talking with my mom again and then went to bed where I finished my book!! It was a good night.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

What a full, fun day! Glad you got to go to the wedding and visit with all the ward members and friends. I think the girls' Easter baskets are darling! I love that they are personalized. Very cute! Hope you got a more restful Sunday. :)

elizabeth said...

Good grief. . I didn't know you stayed up after and read your book. No wonder you were so tired! We were all tired. That's what we get when we are all together. It was such a treat this year not to have to fill the eggs for the Easter egg hunt. Thanks for doing that!!