Miriam had a birthday party in the afternoon. I put Rachel down for her nap and sent Lizzie two doors down to play with the neighbor girl! They had fun playing outside all day. Mimi had fun at her party and when we got back, she went down to play with Lizzie and Cadie too. I got my nails done and did the grocery shopping. By the time I got home, there was enough time for dinner and a movie. The girls got one of their movies in the mail from Netflix and loved it.
After I put them to bed, I decided to run to the store again because I really did want souffle for breakfast the next morning. So I ran to Micheal's first and found some fun things to do this week (more to come) and then to the grocery store for the second time that day! Came home, got the souffle all ready to go, watched some TV and then went to bed. Phew!
Sunday morning, the big girls woke up at 7:15. I turned on the tv for them and then promptly fell sound asleep on the sofa until 8:50!!!! Opps. I rushed around turning on the oven, printing out the coloring pages for conf and getting the girls some donuts and chocolate milk. Then we all settled down and watched conference and played conf bingo. The girls actually listened to most of the session. About half way through the souffle was finally ready, so Jim and I had breakfast.
We had a nice day. I got the girls and myself bathed and showered and dressed in between sessions. Lizzie started a big puzzle that we worked on throughout the second session of conference. We also ate lunch during that session and Rachel kind of napped. Afterwards, we got the house tidied up. We invited Mary's family to come out for dinner and to leave Charlotte for a sleepover. Dinner was Santa Fe Chicken, easy and yummy. We ate and visited. The kids played outside. It was great. Then Mary and Nina did the hair tinsel for all of us, even Rachel got a few pieces tied in!! It was super fun and just perfect for spring break!




3 comments:
What a great weekend! LOVE the hair tinsel! Definitely fun for spring break. :)
Parking cars in the garage is huge! I took a picture of it the day we (meaning me:) got our garage cleared out enough to park our cars in. General Conference weekends are so great!
What an adorable picture of some adorable girls!! I love you all!
Post a Comment