Friday, April 8, 2011

More Crafty Fun

Yesterday was Thursday. I knew I had piano lessons throughout the day and also the laundry (there are still chores during spring break). But we managed to get some crafty things done AND enjoy our spring break nonetheless!

I started in the girls' room where I installed some under-shelf lighting so they could see at their desk. This had always been the plan since we bought the desk, but their old room had more natural light and it wasn't quite as necessary. After fighting with the drill for a bit (ha! no pun intended) I persevered and got them up! They are perfect, very bright, each girl can have her own on or off, love it!
Then I got out the decals I found at Micheal's for 50% off. This project turned out to be WAY more time consuming than anticipated. But they still got to put up most of the decals and I think it turned out pretty cute. (Can you tell which side belongs to which girl?) Hopefully, this will give them incentive to keep their closet doors closed and they will know which side goes where! This project took us until after lunch and a piano lesson; I didn't even get to Rachel's decals.
In the afternoon, the girls played with my piano students while they took turns doing their lessons, then it was time for cookies. I put the mixer and all the ingredients at the table so we wouldn't have to fight for space on the stool in the kitchen. They all had fun measuring and dumping ingredients and the big girls cracked the eggs. We also utilized the cooks' prerogative and tasted the batter. Heehee!

Once we got those going in the oven, I got out a Dr. Seuss card making kit. The girls had a blast decorating the cards and writing notes to some friends and family.
We finally got that picked up, I was still doing cookies and Rachel was still eating her cookie at the table. And by eating, I mean picking out the chocolate chips and making as big a mess as possible. Lizzie had turned on a movie and Miriam was playing in her room when I heard her cry out, "Ow, ow, ow! I'm bleeding! A lot!" She came running out sat down on the tile to show me her foot that was bleeding all over the floor. She turned on her music and was dancing in her room when she stepped on a piece of china that had chipped off her tea set earlier that day. It gave her a little puncture wound on the bottom of her foot. She did a pretty good job holding still while I held a paper towel on it to stop the bleeding. She also held still while I took the cookies out of the oven real fast and again a few minutes later when I had to drag Rachel out of the living room and clean up her cookie face. Eventually, we got her all cleaned and bandaged up. I put her on the sofa with her foot up and gave her a kids' IBprofin for the pain. Then I cleaned up the blood from the tile, the hallway runner and the carpet. Sheesh!! I have used more Resolve in the last month than I have in the last year!!!

That crafty day just about did me in. Thank goodness spring break is almost over! The last things on our spring break to-so list are going to the movies (Gnomeo and Juliet at the cheapie theater today) and more of the perler bead craft. I think I can handle that.



Also, I posted our birdhouse craft at Tasha's Friday link party! Check it out!!
monogram

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Seriously doing crafts is exhausting, but that sounds like a really productive day! The decals are cute. I assume the unicorns are Mimi and the dragonflies are Lizzie. The lights under the desk are great too! I want some of those above my sink in the kitchen. It gets kind of dark right there. So what happened to Mimi's foot? I'll have to call you today. Have fun at the movies! :)

Tara and Tyler said...

I agree, I think you left out an important part of the story. Why exactly was Mimi's foot bleeding?

Tasha said...

Go you!! You are so fun with your girls! and thanks for linking up your project :)