I feel like our weeks are just the same, just the weekends are different....sometimes. Actually, it was a good weekend. I have to go back to last Wednesday to start. Jim got a call to come down to the stake center and visit with a member of the stake presidency. They extended a calling as 1st counselor in the EQ presidency. He accepted. We also took the opportunity to finish renewing our temple recommends. The counselor mentioned that he was still looking for an organist for the chapel session at the temple on Saturday. I said we would work on finding a babysitter, but that I would do it! We managed to find a sitter (harder than you could imagine) and got to go to the temple Saturday afternoon! It was a little stressful to play an organ I hadn't seen before...they all have different controls and settings. I thought I turned it on, but pushed a key and nothing happened! I think I accidentally pushed the button to make it start playing and just went with whatever setting that was. Jim and I enjoyed doing sealings together after the chapel session. The girls had a blast with their babysitter. They were over at the sitter's house most of the time (she was only 11). They did a water fight, watched a movie, played with Barbies, walked the dog, and ate pizza! Can't ask for much more than that.
Sunday, Lizzie and I played an "I Am a Child of God" duet as a special musical number in primary. She practiced hard and it paid off. She did a great job. Jim and I also spoke in church. Our topic was the Family Proclamation. I used a talk from Sister Beck about teaching the rising generation the doctrine of the family. It was more difficult to give a talk to an unfamiliar ward. I know some people, but it wasn't the same as when it's all people you know and love. Anyway, it was fine and hopefully, we won't have to do it again any time soon!
Monday, was a busy day for me! We took it a bit slow in the morning, but I still had to do laundry and vacuuming in and around everyone. The girls practiced their piano and got ready for the day. I taught a piano lesson and helped the girls with their piano, got out Color Wonder markers, made the pasta salad for our BBQ, fed everyone lunch, rotated laundry, put away Color Wonder markers, and I think I ate some lunch too. Just as I was folding the last load of laundry and thinking I could sit down and read my book for an hour before we left for the BBQ I remembered that Mimi still had to do her animal report. Darn. There really hadn't been time during the week, or on Saturday; I had planned to do it on Monday and luckily I remembered in time. By the time we finished (she did a great job) it was time to go! We went down to Oxnard for a BBQ with some friends and had a really nice time. It was casual and relaxed and not at my house!
Tuesday, May 31, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Glad that the organ playing went well. I am so impressed with your organ skills! I really need to just go to the church and sit down and try it.
Sounds like you had a busy, fun weekend. Sorry you didn't get any reading time in, but the bbq with Oxnard friends sounded really great! It's nice that you didn't move too far away to still get together with your friends.
Sounds like you're getting all settled in with new lives there. I agree that it can be so hard to find babysitters sometimes. I can't even describe how awesome it is to have Emma whenever we need her. You'll be there before you know it :)
I'm so impressed that you played the organ at the temple! They've asked me to do it but I have not felt comfortable enough to accept. What if I mess up and chase away the Spirit?! The BBQ sounds relaxing...hope you got to your book later :)
Post a Comment