My kids ask to do different kinds of activities all the time. As much as I would love to put my kids in a few of them, they all cost money!!! One on their own might not be too bad, but times three and yikes! it's usually out of my price range. So when I saw this cheer and dance camp for only $50 a girl, I was super excited. It was put on by the church where Rachel goes to preschool, three hours, snacks included for a whole week...a super deal for me and a ton of fun for my girls. In preparation, I found these adorable shorts at Kohl's (on sale with a coupon) and couldn't resist.
The camp did not disappoint--for me or for the girls. They were split into 'teams' according to age. Miriam ended up being the oldest in her group and Liz on the young end, but they both had a blast. Each day they focused on a different aspect of being a good cheerleader. C-caring, H-helpful, E-enthusiastic, E-excited, and R-respectful. They learned a Bible verse that went with each characteristic every day. They also learned about good nutrition and had a goal each night: getting 8 hours of sleep, eating fruits and vegetables, etc. Throughout the week they made their costumes for the final show: tutus, hair clips, top hats, t-shirts, and pom-poms. They also learned two cheers, a cheer dance, a ballet number, and a Broadway-style opening number. What fun! The girls had such a great time in an awesome environment.
Nana came out to see the show with Rachel and I. I was able to take some video and Nana took some pictures. I always struggle during these things with trying to enjoy the moment and also preserve the moment.
Both of the girls got lots of compliments from their coaches on what a great job they had done all week. After the show and pictures, we took Nana out to lunch. It was a very fun experience that I hope the girls will get to do again next summer!
Friday, July 13, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











No comments:
Post a Comment