The mom guilt set in as I realized that Rachel was turning 4 this year and had never had a birthday party with friends. We've always celebrated (an Angels game on her 1st, a cake at home on her 2nd, family and cake on her 3rd) but not a party. To make up for past years, I gave her something I have easily said no to in the past, an 'on-location' party. This one happened to be at "Pump It Up" which is full of big inflatable things you jump and climb on. To say that Rachel was excited would be the understatement of the year. She invited everyone to her party: friends, adults, primary teachers, cashiers at the grocery store, people on the street.... She was excited. We had a good turn out of friends and everyone had a good time.
We had the 'glow-party' add on and I brought a ton of glow sticks for everyone. Then we ate pizza and chips and cake and ice cream. Rachel picked the Spiderman cake with the 'lizard guy' on it and was thrilled. She got to sit in a big throne and had a crown and scepter and got to open her presents. Then we got to go home and it was all done!! Easiest party ever!
Safety video/Orientation
Look! I was there!
The party guests!
We never turned on this wind tunnel (it cost a few dollars) but she liked going in there!
Dad had fun too!
Does this look like a happy kid or what?!?!
She was dancing along as we sang to her! Love this girl. :)
2 comments:
That party looks awesome! And on location parties are the best since they are SO easy! Love that cute 4 year old Rachel. :)
My kids still talk about how much fun they had at Rachel's party!
P.S. I love the look on Jim's face in picture #17 ;-)
Post a Comment