This summer I participated in a five week series of 5Ks at the Ventura Harbor. It ended up being A LOT of fun. A couple friends also signed up. They had a kids' 1K fun run and then a kids' area set up to play in while the adults ran. The course was an easy out and back along the harbor at the end of the day--gorgeous. Afterward, they had dinner for the runners, a band playing, and then raffled off a lot of stuff. I was able to improve my time by about a minute each week (I missed one week while on vacation). It was just fun and I hope to do it again next summer!!!
(The tank top I won at one raffle....I also won a shirt another week.)
Ryan had gone back to Visalia for a visit after graduation. He had a good time hanging out with his brothers and his folks, but was missed here. He came back in mid-July just in time for youth conference. It was a tri-stake conference and I volunteered to be a host. Thursday night, I picked up six girls and brought them home for a sleep-over. They were all really nice and got along just fine. I picked them up and dropped them off where they needed to be Friday and Saturday. I also fixed them breakfast on Friday morning--the usual fancy breakfast at our house: souffle, fruit, and donuts.We did one of Miriam's favorite things while Liz was gone.....we went to Dippin' Dots. Not sure why, but this child sure loves her some Dippin' Dots. Rachel came along too, but Miriam was one happy camper! She also got to have a sleepover with her best friend from school, Christina. These two are little peas in a pod. They play so well together and always have fun!
I got a little sunburn this summer and Rachel thoroughly enjoyed peeling it for me! Silly girl. She also had a blast riding her new quad that we inherited from a family in our ward (who inherited it from another family in our ward).







No comments:
Post a Comment