I really wanted to do a gratitude tree this year, but November was a little crazy with all the parties in the first half of the month! I finally got my act together the Sunday before Thanksgiving. A friend of mine let me use her 'Silhouette' to cut out a bunch of leaves and I drew a (rather ugly) tree on a poster board. We had the requisite gratitude FHE on Monday night and put up our first leaves.
We had fun with it during the week and I'm going to try harder next year to do it earlier, but I was pleased with the final result. Some of my favorites were:
- Earth's atmosphere
- Girls
- Toilet paper
- Joy
- Computers
We went to the Taylors for Thanksgiving this year. My assignment was the rolls. I made 6 dozen rolls the day before!!! (That's 72, if you don't have a calculator handy.) I also put together some nut mixes to snack on before dinner. Of course, I didn't take any pictures the day of--shame on me! But I did take one of Rachel, who fell asleep in the car on the way
to dinner! It was a fun day with all the family.
I took this picture half way through the process just to tease Auntie Mary!
1 comment:
I think your tree turned out so cute! And Earth's atmosphere is a good one. I bet I can figure out who added that one. ;) Also, I definitely need a roll tutorial one of these days.
Post a Comment