I knew we were having Miriam's party this weekend, so when they said in ward council they were looking for a place to have the Elders' Quorum pot luck I figured we may as well. It actually turned out kind of great. If you're going to get your house ready for a party, you may as well have two parties. Our friends also let us keep the bounce house an extra day, which was perfect. All the families brought food to share. The kids played with some of the toys in the computer room or jumped in the bounce house while the adults were able to chat and visit for a bit. We put trash bags in every available trash bin and put those out everywhere. By the time everyone went home, the house was still in pretty good shape! Of course, I didn't take any pictures of the madness, but it was a fun afternoon.
In keeping with the hosting parties this week, I also hosted our primary gratitude dinner. My counselor actually did most of the work, but I had to clean my house and really clean my kitchen. We decided to have an Asian theme. Just about everyone on the primary board came and it was a smashing success!!!
Lauri did the tables and centerpieces. This is the little table and doesn't even have all the stuff, but it still looks gorgeous. We bought the egg flower soup and then Lauri made white rice and fried rice. I bought the teriyaki chicken and mini chicken-cilantro wontons from Costco. I cooked them up the day before and put them together on skewers, then heated them up that night. We also had stir-fried veggies. The food was delicious! For dessert, Stacey's daughter made chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter frosting and strawberry lemonade cupcakes with cream cheese frosting!
After dinner, we moved everyone in the front room and played two truths and a lie. Hilarious. It was really fun to get to know some interesting facts about people. Then we played a game called "Chinese or Japanese". Lauri had a list of almost 30 different Asian things and we had to determine if they came from China or Japan originally. It was hard.
Their favors were little to-go boxes with fortune cookies in them and a cute thank you tag. We also had all the kids write thank-you notes to their teachers during primary the week before. I then put them together in a little booklet with a cute cover. They turned out really sweet. I hope the board knows how much we love and appreciate all they do. Teaching primary is a hard job. It's every single week and some weeks go better than others. I know our teachers put a lot of time and effort and love into their calling.
Thursday, November 15, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
That is seriously one of the most amazing board dinners I've ever seen. Even better that you didn't have to do all of the work! :)
Post a Comment