A new year and many new things going on in our family.
New foods! One of my goals (not sure why it didn't get recorded) was to be better at meal planning and cooking. I don't really mind cooking if I've done the meal planning. We tried a new dinner called 'Fiesta Tortilla Stack' and it was a big hit! Taco meat, bean, sour cream, salsa and cheese go between the layers and is baked. Then it's topped with seasoned sour cream, lettuce, tomato and olives! Everyone liked it and just in case it wasn't a hit, I also made fried tortillas.
New class! Rachel started ballet and tumbling class. I had a hard time finding a class at the right time for the right price. I ended up at Port Hueneme community center, right next to the library where the big girls did dance class too. I also like that story time is right afterwards at the library. Rachel is having a blast in dance class and we both enjoy going to the library more often!
New recipes! I got my Penzey's Spice catalog the other day. I don't need new spices, but I love trying their recipes. This was a fun sugar cookie recipe that I made up in time for FHE treats. I thought the sprinkles turned out cute.
New projects! They focus on a different character trait each month at school. In January, it was 'honesty' and Miriam's class did a poster about it. We had fun coming up with words and quotes. We actually took one quote from "For the Strength of the Youth" pamphlet! Miriam also loved gluing stuff on her poster. I pulled out a bunch of craft stuff and just let her glue away.
New skillz! Rachel is working on getting ready for kindergarten. She loves the workbooks Grandma B got for her awhile ago. One is a cutting book with different crafts. She was hard at work!
New hair-do! Liz has been wanting a sock bun for awhile now. On the day of the school spelling bee, I attempted to accommodate her. Luckily, it turned out great and she looked adorable!
New sofa! We decided our sofa was officially dead. The middle seat sank down, the side was ripped, you couldn't always close the reclining part. It was just sad. I periodically search on Craigslist for leather, reclining sofas but hadn't ever really seen what we were looking for. I happened to search again and found this perfect sofa at the right price!! We love it!
Thursday, January 17, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
So many fun new things! I love your new sofa and Liz's sock bun. It makes her look so grown up! You are so fun to try out that cookie recipe for FHE too. :) And Rachel's concentration tongue is just hilarious. I still catch myself doing that when I am concentrating.
Post a Comment