After I got everyone (including myself) cleaned up it was time to head out. We stopped at Grandma Snowball's house to say hi. Her short term memory is going quickly, which is sad, but it was nice to see her for a bit. She wasn't up to going out, otherwise we would have seen her at dinner. Then we went to Uncle Rich's house for dinner with the Olson side of the family. It was fun to see my cousins and family. Dinner was beyond delicious too. Before the girls and I headed home, we stopped to see Grandpa Olson. He had a double bypass a couple weeks prior and although home and doing well, still wasn't quite up to being out with a lot of people. However, he looked great and we had a lovely visit. The girls and I finally started our road trip home after a short, but jam-packed weekend.
Mother's Day, I got to have a nice morning at home with no early Ward Council meeting! Yay! The primary kids sang and did a great job. One of the little sunbeams was wearing her pink polka dot dress. She came over to me to point out that we were matching! Too cute! The young women took over primary the third hour so that all the sisters could be in RS. They had some delicious strawberry shortcake and a very nice lesson.
That afternoon, Daddy cooked breakfast for dinner for us and then I got to open my presents! Rachel had a cute picture of her in a frame she painted, Liz had a lovely card and some stationary that she had made, and Miriam had a beautiful card with a poem and some pictures too. I also got to end the day doing what I love: being a mom and teaching my kids things. More specifically, I taught them that if you sneak chocolate pudding in your room and spill it on the carpet, you will be cleaning the carpet...and a few other things! It was a great Mother's day.
Sunday, May 12, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Your Mother's day sounded very nice! even getting to use your mother skills on your special day :-) it never ends. . . so stop slouching and get in there and raise up my grandkids right lol. . . .
lol love the lesson you got to teach. :) Also you and your matching primary girl are too cute.
Just spent about an hour trying to get caught up on the happenings in your family! The girls are growing up so quickly and I laugh as certain pictures or things you write about them remind me so much of you. Wish we lived closer so that we could get together with you some time. You are one amazing mom!
Post a Comment