After Rachel's ridiculously-awesome, too-much-fun-to-be-legal, still-talked-about Pump it Up birthday party it was time to reset the standards and lower the bar way, way down. But it was still a birthday and we had a lot to celebrate: five years old is one whole hand!
We went to Whole Foods where she got to pick out a pinata and a cake. This girl picked out the motorcycle pinata and the Superman cake. (Have I mentioned how much I love this girl?!?!)
We got up in the morning and got ready to go to the pancake breakfast. I let her open one present before we left...her new seat pet! She named him 'Snuffy-Wuffy'.
After lunch, I let her open another present...LEGO Ninjago Golden Dragon. Her and I sat down and put it together. She loved it!
In the afternoon, our neighbors came over to help us crack open the pinata. They loved swinging at it, but it wasn't until we found a harder whacking stick that it burst open. There was plenty of candy for all. We also sang "Happy Birthday" and had cake and ice cream with our friends.
After they went home, she opened the rest of her presents. She had some more LEGOs and a couple toys from her sisters. It was a fun birthday. For dinner, she requested hot dogs, corn and watermelon. I added hamburgers to the menu for those who don't love hot dogs (the rest of us). It was a really fun, relaxed day and now my baby is FIVE!
Thursday, July 4, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Love that sweet firecracker baby! Looks like a pretty nice birthday/4th. :) Ooh and bacon with your burgers is genius. Why have I not done that all summer?!?
Rachel literally glowed this birthday. Five candles did the trick. I miss that sweet girl!
Post a Comment