Saturday, February 14, 2009

It's Poop Again!!!

For the first 6 months of her life, Rachel was pretty regular. She pooped every three or four days. This was fine with me. I think it's one reason she kept growing....her body used every last drop of food it was given. Now that she's on solids it's a different story. The truth of the matter is that she is probably more like normal babies now. But it has still been an adjustment. Today, however, was another story. I just laughed when I realized she had pooped for the FOURTH time by 1:30 in the afternoon. Dang, girl!

Of course, this doesn't even compare to the days when I had two in diapers, but it is just the shock of going from almost nothing to a lot more in a short time. Anyway, these things just make me laugh....the joys of motherhood!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Ah yes. It was those days when both the boys were in diapers and I changed 8 poopy diapers in one day that I was like, enough! :) Gotta love the things you get used to as a mommy.

Anonymous said...

In the long run, you'd rather her poop a lot than used every drop of food to help fill those cheeks and poop only every few days. Give the girl a break. Come on. . . sacrifice a little for the girlish figure :-)

Amy said...

I love all the little posts you have! Lizzie is too cute. I love how she said, "cause you keep answering" That is way funny. Happy Valentines day! I loved watching your girls today in church. The pictures are great! You can never have too many. Those cookies look so delicious and I love the girls' matching shirts and heart hair! I love to read! I still have those books you lent to me. And I still havn't read them! I'm sorry, but school has me way to busy. I think I'll return them because it has almost been a year! Well I'm glad you can find the time to read and I can't wait for the day when you can share all those good books with Lizzie and Mimi!

Kim said...

That is so fun the girls love dollies and dress up. I can't believe Rachel pooped every 3-4 days.. Payton was a MACHINE!!!! I'm not kidding when she was younger it was like 4-6 times a day and night and now she still has morning pooh, mid-morning, afternoon, night and occasionally before bed! What?! I need a kid that doesn't pooh that much I didn't know it was possible. My diaper bill is huge!