Jim had to go to Washington this week. He had to leave Sunday afternoon and isn't coming home until Wednesday evening. I had planned on staying home, but at the request of Jules decided to run down to my mom and dad's for a quick visit. I was just planning to hang out at my mom's house, but it turned out she had the Monday off!!!
Sunday, we dropped Jim off at the airport and then drove down to Long Beach to visit my Grandma Snowball. The girls were really good at her house and we had a nice time chatting and playing and eating candy! Then we went to my parents' home for dinner. We had yummy soup and homemade rolls for dinner and then cinnamon rolls for dessert! We watched our Sunday show ("From the Top at Carnegie Hall") and made the dough for sugar cookies.
Monday we got up and had a fairly slow morning (it was cold and rainy). Mom wanted to take the girls to Chuck E. Cheese for lunch. They were thrilled. Lizzie has been talking about Chuck E. Cheese a lot recently. If she sees it, she'll say, "Look Mom, there's Chuck E. Cheese! That's where Tala had her birthday!!" The aforesaid birthday occured almost two years ago and we haven't been back since. The other funny thing is that she never asks to go, she just comments on the fact that it's where Tala had her birthday.
Here are some pictures from our fun lunch. The girls just thought it was the best thing EVER!!! It really was cute to watch them play. Miriam favored the rides, but once Lizzie realized the games gave tickets that's all she wanted. She didn't even care how many tickets she got, even one was fun!
Grandma B was a trooper and took more than her fair share of time holding Rachel. I hope you're not too sore today!! Rachel was also a trooper and hung in there way past her nap time and lunch time. She thoroughly enjoyed chewing on pizza crusts too.
Tuesday morning Rachel was having a hard time going back to sleep after her 5am feeding. So I put her in bed with me and she settled right down. Since Grandma B actually had to work that day, she was up and got the girls started with a movie. I ended up sleeping until almost 8am! It was a miracle. There was no rain or traffic today on our way home, which was so nice. Now we are just looking forward to Jim coming home tomorrow afternoon.




6 comments:
I LOVE all the pictures. We had a such a wonderful whirlwind weekend. Thanks for coming. So much fun!! See you in two weeks!!
I'm so glad you had a fun trip! I am excited to do sugar cookies with Weston this year. I loved all the pictures, especially of Chuck E Cheese. Can't wait to see you next weekend!!!
That looks like fun and your Chuck E Cheese has way better rides than ours! Also loving the picture of Lizzie with the computer and cell phone.
YEA!!!!!! What a fun trip/get a way. I am glad you went and glad you posted so many pictures. I love seeing pictures!
I love all the pictures! I can't believe how big the girls are! I love how into the games they are! And Rachel looks so cute with jules holding her!!
Did you notice in the picture of me with the cookie that it looks like I have a side pony tail like Mimi?? Makes me smile!
Post a Comment