Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Reasons I Love Lizzie Lou!!!

1. She has turned bed-making into an art form. She wants to add new toys and constructions every time she makes her bed. It's always different with blankets draped here and there, babies and toys lined up in certain ways (sometimes hidden), and usually the sheet and comforter are straight.

*Notice that the Snow White doll matches the Snow White square. Cinderella was also appropriately placed.
2. She loves her sister, Rachel. I know I have commented on this before, but she is still so cute with the baby. And Rachel loves Lizzie too. If Lizzie starts playing with her and gets distracted, Rachel will squeal to get her attention again. It makes me laugh to watch them.
3. She loves honey mustard dressing. I introduced her to it and now she will accept no substitutes. She asks for it anytime she has anything you can dip. She says we're twins when we both are eating it. :)

4. She is an amazing colorist. This is actually from last year, but she still loves to color. She brings home her papers from school to "finish" them. That means she colors every white space on the page, similar to this one below.
5. She is like a sponge! She has recently discovered the sounds all the letters make and is constantly telling me what letter different words start with. She also wants to know how to spell everything. When we do pages from workbooks, she wants to do the whole book that day! It is so fun to watch this world of letters and words open up to her.

6. She is independent....sometimes fiercely so. As her mother, this is a blessing and a curse. I hope that my children grow to be independent and strong women, but I have come to understand (through my own learning experiences) that you must have humility as well. In the meantime, I really enjoy watching her be able to do more and more on her own.

7. Sometimes she is like a mirror. I see myself in her in so many different ways. The bad ones usually stand out because they are the parts of me that I'd rather not have and my desire to stomp them out of her is strong. However, I try to remember that she is her own person and she'll have to learn some of life's lessons on her own too. I would like to think that some of her good qualities come from me as well.

5 comments:

An Ordinary Mom said...

She obviously has an excellent mother :) !! Your three beautiful children are blessed to have you as a constant example. (I have been reading your blog for awhile now, had to delurk on comment on this post :) !! Oh the good old days of the BYU 25th Ward!)

Shannon said...

I love that Lizzie Lou too. You are a fabulous, loving, fun mother and those girls are so lucky to have you to raise them. My favorite is that she says you are twins while eating honey mustard dressing. How cute. Also, I have to say how impressed I am with her bed-making skills, even if it takes her 45 minutes, I say it was 45 minutes well spent. ;) Love ya!

jilljohnson said...

She seems like an amazing little girl. I love getting to see your children and see thier growth. Maybe someday we will all get to meet in person!!!

Anonymous said...

You bring that adorable Lizzie Lou right to my house on Sunday and she can make "her bunk bed" too :-) She is quite amazing and such a sweetheart. I can't quite believe that she is going to go to kindergarten this fall and is sounding out words and finishing workbooks. (Sounds oddly familiar. . . . like some oldest child of mine!) You have to keep looking at the great finished product of yourself and then look at Lizzie and think of all that she will become too :-)

Tasha said...

What a cute girl she is. I am still SOO impressed with her coloring ability and that bed making is pretty darn fabulous as well! You have a very smart girl on your hands :)