Thursday, February 26, 2009

Job Hunt!


I'm not really on a job hunt, but a friend of mine saw some job listings she thought I would be interested in. They are freelance editing jobs for math textbooks. I thought that sounded kind of interesting and since they are part-time, telecommuting jobs, they were right up my alley. But first I had to put together my resume. I finally found the one I used last time I was trying to get a job (2002). So I updated it and sent it to a couple people for some input.

My father-in-law works in HR and he had a lot of helpful things to add. I ended up going out there to sit down with him and work on it. I have to say that I'm rather proud of the finished product. Even if nothing comes of these jobs (which would be fine) it's been a bit of a self-esteem boost to see how good I can look on paper! I'll have to do this every so often so it won't be so painful when I really do need a job!!!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Woohoo! I'm glad that you got the resume put together. It's so hard sometimes. I'm thinking good thoughts about your job prospects. I hope it works out. :)

jilljohnson said...

That would be great if you got a job and that is what you wanted. I think that part-time is awesome that is what I do and I enjoy it.

Tasha said...

Way to go you!! I am sorry you have all been so sick. No fun. this is a horrible year for sickness. I cannot even tell you how many people I know that have had Bronchilitis. Sad you had to miss Disneyland, but glad you still got to see Shannon and her family while they were here. Keep hanging in there with all the sick people atyour house.