Monday, June 29, 2009

Family Reunion: Day 1

Wohoo!!! We got an early start on Wednesday morning. I was amazed that we were packed and ready to go so early (8:30), but it ended up working out great. We made a quick stop at Fry's for a new radio antennae and last bathroom break and then picked up some breakfast for Jim and I. THEN we remembered that I had to feed Rachel, so we stopped again. Finally everyone was fed and we began our journey in earnest.
The girls LOVED having the DVD player in the car! It was so fun and new for them. I liked the double screens so they could both watch and hear easily. Everyone was great for the car ride. We stopped in Barstow and let the kids play at McDonald's while Jim and I ate and fed Rachel. We made it to Las Vegas and our hotel about 4pm. We stayed at the Desert Rose Resort just a block off the strip. All the rooms are suites and were very nice. The girls just loved exploring and opening every drawer and cupboard. (Okay, I did too.)
Grandpa Bob and Jules stayed at the hotel with us so we met up for an afternoon swim. There had been isolated thunderstorms all day, but it was still plenty warm for a swim. After the pool we sent Jim and Grandpa to get yummy Mexican food for dinner. The girls had fun sleeping in the sofa pull-out in the front room. Jim and I loved that we still got our own room!

3 comments:

Shea, Kim, Hunter, Reagan, Samantha said...

Hi Joy,
Cute kids and family. The family reunion looks like fun...I hope the good outways the bad for you guys (I'm the same way when we travel...focus on the fun).

Shannon said...

That pool looks great! So does the suite. I will definitely be checking out deals there the next time we are passing through.

Tasha said...

Sounded like a good way to start out the trip!