Last week Lizzie went back to school and our summer was officially over. As we all adjusted to being on a schedule and having places to go at certain times, it was a bit of a struggle. There was some acting out from different family members (myself included). This week seems to be going better.
I am remembering how nice it is to be on a routine. I really can get a lot done when there is a schedule and order to my day. We're back into our walking routine down at the marina, three times a week. I still love it! The girls seem to enjoy it too (some days are more whiny than others). Tuesday mornings we still go to the library and Thursdays morning are open (for now). Since Lizzie and Miriam both are in the afternoon class, I have to make good use of my time. Between pickups, dropoffs, naptimes and meals, if I want to get something done, I have to plan it in there pretty carefully.
Today there was a lot of awful on my list.....I mean an awful lot. No wait, it was both. I had some housecleaning that was WAY overdue. There's nothing like having acquaintances come to your house to give me cleaning motivation. Friends and family, I'm less stressed about for some weird reason. I got up at 4:45 with Rachel. She went back to sleep for awhile, not me. When she did get up for good at 5:30, I realized that I had woken up on the right side of the bed. I kept thinking, "Why am I not more grouchy this early? Oh well!" I tried to make it work for me and so far, it has! My house is not totally clean, but I got my list for today done. Tomorrow will bring more "to-do" but I'm grateful for my routine to help me get it done!
This morning we went for our walk. Everyone is dressed with hair done and beds made before we leave. I had already vacuumed the front while I waited for Lizzie to finish getting ready. When we got home, Rachel went down for her nap, and the girls helped me get the laundry started. They are learning to sort the clothes and Lizzie helps me fold them in the afternoon. Since I was already gross from the walk, I went ahead and cleaned my floors. (The job that was WAY overdue.) The girls played in their room so nicely. After I was ready, the girls worked on homework, Lizzie is supposed to do 10 minutes of writing each day and Miriam does a page out of a preschool workbook. Then I let them earn a quarter by doing an extra job! It was a great morning for everyone.
Monday, August 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
You are the best mom ever! Exercise, cleaning (involving the kids), showering. Seriously, that is super mom. I'm glad that you guys are getting back into your routine. I am excited for ours too. I go to the parent orientation on Wednesday. I have to share my news too . . . there is an In N Out under construction RIGHT by my house! Ok, not right right by, but at Jordan Landing in the complex of my Target. I'm so excited!
I agree, I'm ready for routine too. I got up this morning, but not too early and headed to school. I got some dates on the calendar for concerts, sent some e-mails to principals and got my plan book all set up for the year. I even planned the first week of school and did September's newsletters (and made WMS's copies). After all of that I moved my elementary stuff over to Sierra Vista and called it a day. With Chloe on my lap I set up SV's schedule and feel ready for tomorrow's scheduled meetings. I'm pretty sure after today I won't have to work on Friday. That's the goal :-)
All good things must come to end, but then good things take their place!! Have another good day tomorrow!!
Go you! I agree that routine is good. It makes us start getting ourselves doing more and in a more consistant way. I am not always good with it though. I have found I am just not a total routine person. But, today I had a good day too. Got lots done, kept myself up on everything I planned, and we have all been happier and doing better. Yeah! It always makes me feel good too when we can get things done. :) (PS I wrote you an email about the dresses :) )
Oh, and about having your kids do chores - GO YOU!! You are modivating me in that way. If you girls can do it, my boys can. Thanks for the ideas. :)
I love days when I get a lot done. We are still trying to figure out of best schedule for this school year.
Post a Comment