I'm not a slacker, I swear. There just hasn't been anything unusual or exciting going on. I took the girls to the zoo this week, but I've posted about that a million times before. I caught up on laundry and housework after being gone for a long weekend. I've also made some progress on my table. There just didn't seem to be anything amazing or blogworthy this week. So this is my un-post: enjoy.
For those of you who don't know, I'm entering the table setting competition at the Ventura County Fair this year. I fell in love with this cheesy contest at the LA Fair when I was a little girl and vowed to enter a table someday. Anyway, the theme I'm entering in this year is "Hot August Nights." My interpretation of that theme is dinner on a campout. It will be a semi-civilized campout with a table and real plates and silverware. I've acquired my tablecloth, napkins, dishes, silverwear and about half of my centerpiece. I need another trip to Michaels so I can get the rest of what I need. Still left on my to-do list is to put together my centerpiece, to work on my menu card and decide how to set my napkins. I'm so excited about this! The other fun thing is that Jim has been super supportive, has come up with some great ideas, and even took a trip to Walmart with me to help pick stuff out! What a sweetie. :)
Sorry no pics of this post. I'm going to work on getting some video of Rachel attempting to walk. She'll do about two steps before she sits down. She's such a lazy bum sometimes.
Sunday, August 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
Good for you doing something creative that you enjoy! I know it's hard finding the energy sometimes...it is for me anyways. My fun thing is painting/decorating my kids' bedrooms. And yeah for supportive husbands! Justin never complains when I spend money on paint and keeps the grumbling to a minimum when I ask him to hang something:)
I am SO excited to see the pics of your table. I hope you win too. Sounds like a fun theme. Davin started walking this weekend too, but all the way across the room and stuff. He still cries like a baby every time he falls on his bum. I don't have much sympathy though because he's only falling about a foot and he has a cushion for crying out loud! :) Call me this week when you get a chance!
I love that you are doing this competition. I think it sounds so fun!! I cannot wait to see pictures too.
This is an un-comment. I don't really have anything to say. I've already talked to you about three times this weekend, but it seemed rude not to comment after I had read your blog. So I felt a need to write something, so here it is. My un-comment ;-) Love ya!
Can't wait to see pics of the tablescape! Good luck!!
Post a Comment