Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A Few Fun Things

Sunday was our primary program. It turned out so well. Many of the kids gave small talks on the different themes from the year and it brought the Spirit into the meeting. Lizzie did a great job on her small talk and her line. Miriam did well on her first line and then rocked the last one. She got up there and rattled it off loudly, clearly and without any other help. She had the last line in the program, it was very sweet. Some of the musical numbers were stronger than the others, but on the whole, the program went well.

My parents came up for the day. I wish they could come to church with us every week! I played the organ too and between Grandma and Grandpa, Rachel was kept entertained the whole meeting. Grandma took her for Sunday School too. After church was over, I got caught up with some people planning for the Halloween activity. By the time I got out front, my kids were all buckled in the car and ready to go! Ahhh. We came home and played and had a nice lunch (baby red potatoes, stew, cantaloupe) followed by root beer floats. It was a really nice Sunday.

Rachel likes to pull out the bag of blocks. It's almost as big as her and she gets it out of the girls' room and drags it down the hall. Sometimes she needs help unzipping it, but then she likes to dump the whole bag on the floor, spread them around with her hands and then walk away. The big girls will come along and build towers and things. When they get bored and leave them, Rachel will come along and destroy them. Then the cycle begins again. Here are some of the girls recent creations.

Lizzie's horse, complete with cowgirl!
Miriam's building, they like to make patterns on their towers.
And their "Monster". This was a group effort. Bonus points if you can find the mouth, nose and eyes!
Rachel likes to attack the camera when I'm taking pictures.
I used the opportunity to get a close up of her fat lip. The risks of being a "toddler". You can also see her teeth, or lack thereof.
This morning, I was bouncing her on my lap while she made noise and listened to herself. I grabbed the camera and tried to video us and this is what I got. Sorry for the bouncing camera too. After I put it on the computer, I then had to watch it about 10 times in a row. Rachel would crack up when she heard me snicker on the video. Thanks a lot kid.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

I'm so glad that the program went well and the girls did a good job with their parts. Seriously having parents around really helps.

Poor baby Rachel with that fat lip! Sad. I love the video though. She is so pretty. She is going to have darker hair like Lizzie. Her eyebrows are so dark!

Also, I think I won the bonus points. Weston likes to add features like that to his robot creations.

Olson Family said...

ohhh poor rachel!! what a sad lip! But cute video! that girl is soo funny! Glad you had a good sunday! :)

Tara Brooks said...

What did you do to poor Taralynn? Sorry Miriam, I just can't resist.