Friday, May 21, 2010

Busy, busy, busy!!!

There has been so much to blog about this week, just no time to blog!!! But I'm going to start at the beginning. Lizzie's kindergarten class is putting on a production of "Jack and the Beanstalk". I believe I already mentioned how thrilled Lizzie was to get the part of "Mom" in the play. I volunteered to play the piano for both the morning and the afternoon classes. My other assignment was to make the three magic beans.

I found awesome sparkly green felt at Joann's on Monday evening. I cut out three sets of beans, sewed them up and stuffed them. This is about the extent of my sewing abilities. But Lizzie thought they were great and that's all that really matters.
I finally got a copy of the music on Tuesday. I spent all the rest of that afternoon with plumbers coming in and trying to figure out why we could hear water running in the walls and getting the music taped together for easy moving. I finally was able to run through it all once after school.

Wednesday morning, I dropped the girls off at a friend's house and rehearsed the play with the morning kinder class. They were really cute and I made a lot of mistakes (since I really had only run through the music once before). But everyone was appreciative, which was nice. I picked up the girls and came home for a little bit before we had lunch and I took everyone to school. I got home in time to put Rachel down for a nap and then a friend hung out at my house while I went and practiced with the afternoon class. These are the kids I know and there were parents there working on the sets and it made me nervous!!! But I did better and it was fun to see Lizzie do her part. I had to practice some more when I got home. This play is really stretching the limits of my talents here!! I also finished up the beans.

Thursday, the plumbers came back to put holes in the walls and replace the pipes. I was supposed to go and rehearse with both classes again AND it was "Crazy Hat Day" for Mimi. I had to call in reinforcements and ask Jim to work from home. He did and it saved the day. I did better with the morning class and the plumbers came while I was gone. I ended up taking the girls and myself to lunch at McDonald's since we had no water and the plumbers were making a mess--I mean fixing the pipes in the dining room. McDonald's has 20 chicken nuggets for $4.99. I got that and two fries and even with drinks, I fed four of us for $12....not to shabby!

Mimi and I had worked together to make her hat. I actually had all of the materials at home and she thought it turned out awesome. She really looked cute and I think her's was the craziest hat in her class. She helped me decide what shapes to make and what colors to use. She also got to take a lunch and they had a picnic outside. It turned out to be great sunny, warmish weather too.
After I got her to school, I came home and put Rachel down for a nap and then went back to Lizzie's school to rehearse again. I'm really glad I get to help out. Part of me is bummed I won't be in the audience, but it really is fun to be a part of the play too. When I finally got home, this is what I found:
So then I had to finish cleaning up that mess and get my house put back together. (I took the pictures after I had cleaned up.) I also called a guy in our ward to come over and give us an estimate to replace the drywall. He came over that afternoon and said he would come the next day to fix it.

I then ran out the door again to pick up Miriam and Lizzie from school. We were all in the car and Lizzie was telling me that another kid had lost a tooth at school. I asked how her loose tooth was doing, she said she could twist it. As she tried twisting it again, it fell out in her hand!! Lizzie lost her first tooth!!
She already has the new one coming in behind and she just looks like a big kid. Now the one next to it is looser than before AND the top two are wiggly!! I don't know if I can take this much growing up all at once. I had to go to a presidency meeting and didn't put her to bed, so I wasn't sure if she had remembered to put her tooth under her pillow. But the next morning, I was up with Rachel at 5:10AM and she came in with her gold dollar!
Phew! I'm tired now, this post wore me out....just like this week. We still have some fun things coming up this weekend too!! Hopefully, I can squeeze in a couple extra hours of sleep somewhere....anywhere!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Holy moly! You have been a busy girl! When is the performance day for the play? You are so good to volunteer to help out like that. I think your magic beans look great too. Good job. I don't know that I even have the sewing skills for that. :)

Congrats to Lizzie! Such a big girl and just in time for her 6th birthday! Weston was fascinated with the pictures and the concept of losing teeth, but mostly with the concept of the tooth fairy.

Bummer about the drywall being left like that. That is seriously lame. Glad that the pipes got fixed though. Sheesh. I hope you can get the drywall fixed for cheap.

I will call you this afternoon and try to catch you at home, but if not we will have to chat next week. Love you tons!

Unknown said...

Wow - that is a busy week! Way to work your talents - I love the magic beans! The hat looks cute too. I hope your house gets back to normal soon (and not too expensively) - it stinks when a bunch of stuff breaks at once! And congrats to Lizzie on getting a grown-up mouth!

Mom said...

Lizzie looks pretty happy with that gold coin ;-) Sounds like she's going to get a collection of them. Your week sounds like some of mine! When you said holes in the walls I was thinking a lot smaller. That's a lot of drywall to replace. Good thing Bro. Stidham can get out there quick. Tell Mimi, I love her hat!! The decorations on top are the best!! You are the fun mom!! We are off to the temple.

Tasha said...

Yeah that Lizzie lost her first tooth!! So exciting.