Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Yummy Homework

Lizzie made "Math Cookies" for homework yesterday. She has math homework once a week and the parent can choose an activity from a little booklet they have. I had seen this one, but just finally got around to buying the stuff. We actually combined two activities into one as she helped me measure the ingredients and mix the dough. Then she did different number combinations with white and chocolate chips. For example, 2+3=5 and 1+4=5. We did all the combinations for 3 through 7. She had so much fun. Plus it was a great FHE treat later that night!
In other very important news, Rachel's new favorite body part is: her elbow!!! She shows it to me all the time: "Eh-bow, rih der!"

6 comments:

Shannon said...

Ooh I think I need to do that math activity today. :) Lizzie is such a cute girl. She looks like she's concentrating so hard. And Rachel is just the most fun! I love seeing her stick out her chubby elbows! Can't wait to play next month!

Mom said...

Do you think Rachel will show me her elbow?? Auntie Jules?? Chloe?? Grandpa Bob?? We sure hope so. Homework is so fun and simple in kindergarten. Enjoy it while you can ;-) Love to all!!

P.S. Is it raining there in Pt. Hueneme today?? It is here! And rather chilly too.

Anonymous said...

What a fun idea for math homework! I know it's been awhile since I've seen Lizzie but she struck me as so much older in those pictures. And love the chubby elbows!

Tasha said...

What fun homework. Tanner would love this!

Whitney and Blake said...

So fun!!! I think I might still this idea for my students!

sara said...

What a cool homework idea! She looks so serious while doing it. What a cutie. I love Rachel's elbows!!!! I can't belive how grown up she looks!