Saturday, May 22, 2010

Taco and Talent Night

We had so much fun at our ward activity tonight. Everyone brought stuff for tacos and a bunch of desserts. My kids had a blast eating chips and cheese and a big cookie. They also loved the music. Rachel was dancing like there was no tomorrow....when she wasn't eating chips. You could tell it was a hard decision.

Jim and Jack were up first in the talent portion. They did a skit where Jack was a famous French impressionist who did live art. Jim was his assistant. They got a bunch of people up there as trees and then some kids were the birds flying around. Some were a babbling brook and others were bunny rabbits. There were a lot of good sports. To finish the skit, Jack came up and gave it a title:

Later, we got up as a family to sing a song. The girls were thrilled it was finally their turn to be on stage. Even Rachel was dancing as I talked. I had to make a comment about how in the olden days, when you were courting a girl, you were supposed to agree with the father about politics and the mother about religion. Well, in our family, you should also support the same sports team and we had converted Jim to be an Angel's baseball fan. Then we sang "Take Me Out to the Ball Game". I bought Cracker Jacks and peanuts at the store today too and the girls held them up as they sang that part. They were super cute and did a great job. (And I have a totally unbiased opinion.) Then we had the audience join us and sing it one more time. As we were walking down the stairs off the stage, Miriam said, "That was so much fun!" and it was.
These pictures aren't great, but it's hard to take good pictures when it's in the gym and it's someone else's camera.

6 comments:

Shannon said...

You guys are so fun to participate in the talent show! That sounds like a great ward activity! I love the girls all dressed up in their Angels gear too. We are going to go to a game when we are there in June and Weston is super excited to wear his Angels outfit too. :)

sara said...

You guys are so awesome! What a great idea to sing Take me out to the Ballgame! I'd be too chicken to get up and participate in the Talent show....but you've inspired me (not that we have one going on, but maybe someday...).

Mom said...

Go Henshaw family and Go Angels!!! What a combination!! Your ward activity sounded so cute and I am so inspired by your talent. I'm going to pass that idea on to our ward. It looked like a successful activity.
Speaking of talent I made two aprons yesterday for my choir moms and they turned out pretty good!!

Olson Family said...

hahaha This is TOO CUTE!! love the angels outfits. I am soo looking forward to this next weekend where I can finally spend some time with your family!! This also got me excited for the angels game next month for mom and dad and the bowles. yayy for Angels baseball, tacos, ward parties and singing!!

The Curnow Family said...

GO TEAM HENSHAW!!!! What a fun ward activity and way to be involved, that is so fun! I love the Angels gear, way to step up! I love Rachel wearing that huge hat! Love you all!

Whitney and Blake said...

You guys are too cute!! That is so fun that you all performed in the talent show!