Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Blast From the Past

Over the last couple years, Jim and I have had so much fun seeing the cartoons from our childhood come out on DVD. Obviously, you can't buy everything, but we kind of enjoy sharing some of those with our kids. A few that we have already purchased are Gummy Bears, Smurfs, Care Bears, Transformers, and GI Joe. I like that there are no commercials and some of them actually have morals to them without all the sarcasm of some shows today. (They're not perfect, but maybe better.)
While shopping for our 'vacation' at Costco today, I stumbled upon a few more treasures. They had "TaleSpin", "Darkwing Duck", "Duck Tales", and "Rescue Rangers" for a great price. I knew Jim would be excited, so I called to see which one he would prefer. He said "Duck Tales", but once he heard the price, said I should get another one too, so I chose "TaleSpin" (which I loved watching after school as a kid). The girls are all excited to have something new for the 9 hour car ride.
What do you remember loving to watch after school?!?!

7 comments:

vdhfamtng said...

Us too! We think our childhood shows are better than a lot of that drivel on tv today. We bought Rescue Rangers and Duck Tales and the boys LOVE them!

Shannon said...

Really? It's 9 hours for you guys?!? I'm sorry. I thought it was closer to 7. At least you'll have fun new shows to watch! Are you staying in Vegas on Thursday night or just driving it straight on Friday?

I still need to do my "vacation" grocery shopping. And cleaning. And laundry. And packing. Sigh. It's going to be a busy next couple days.

PS-Bring Gummy Bears! I haven't see that one in forever. It's my favorite!

Dad O. said...

For me it was Felix the Cat, The Rock & Bullwinkle Show, and Mighty Mouse.

I'm excited to see eveyone at Zion, be safe in your travels.

A hint about vacation shopping if you think it might be yummy then bring it!

Lemme said...

flinstones and the jetsons were always favorites of mine...and smurfs too. i hear they're coming out with a smurfs movie...im half excited and half disturbed about that one.

Stephanie said...

I'm with Karissa on the smurfs movie...although it was cool to see them in CG. I remember and love all those shows! I was really into Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Tasha said...

I totally loved all of these too!! I too love that they are all coming back out. So fun. Good luck with your drive. Hope you have fun with all your family!!

Anonymous said...

My kids love Gummi Bears! Unfortunately, Netflix only has seasons 1-3. Did you find more seasons? Or maybe that's all they made? I love watching the oldies but goodies with my kids on Saturday mornings...makes me feel like a carefree kid again:) Have fun on your vacation!