Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Family Vay-Cay Continued

Saturday morning found Rachel up early. We snuck out of our room and visited with Grandpa, who was enjoying a morning soak in the spa. We went back to our room, got dressed and the girls played on the play area. It was cool and beautiful. Eventually, we made our way to Grandma's room where she was making Swedish pancakes for everyone. Yum!!!

While the big people got ready for the day, Grandma pulled out some fun coloring pages and new crayons for everyone! It turns out that "Toy Story" is a big hit with all of the grandkids.
Our plan for the day was to check out the touristy town of Springdale. We started at Mom's favorite pottery boutique. They had a lot of beautiful items, but nothing that really called out to me. Mom bought two more bowls for her set. We had fun looking for souvenirs. Jim and I found "Zion" t-shirts. Lizzie picked out a little jewelry set with a necklace, bracelet and ring that had little pink ladybugs on them. Miriam picked out a 'fossil'. After much deliberation, Rachel decided on a little toy monster truck. It was a little stressful keeping my kids (Rachel) from breaking stuff in these shops and it was meltingly hot outside, but we survived.
Then we headed up to Oscar's Cafe for lunch. We ended up having to eat outside, but the food was super good!!! Jules and I shared a 'Pretzel B.L.A.T.' and sweet potato fries. When the food came, I was sad that I was going to have to share, but I ended up being pretty full. I would have just made myself sick otherwise. After lunch, we stopped at the candy store where everyone picked out a treat. Lizzie picked a carton of cotton candy. She ate the whole thing that afternoon. When she came to show me the empty carton, I said, "Wow! I can't believe you ate that whole thing! Are you feeling sick?" "A little," she replied and then skipped off.

We went back to the hotel for naps and quiet time. The plan was to play in the river that afternoon, but there was a huge thunderstorm with lots of rain. So we stayed indoors. Grandma B pulled out her awesome surprise bag and everyone worked on little foam crafts and continued coloring or played the Wii. After the rain, the river was really churned up and muddy, so we opted for a swim before dinner. Shannon and Mel did taco salad for dinner and Dad made homemade ice cream. Again: yum! We spent the evening taking turns on the Wii and playing Banana-grams.

No comments: