Monday, April 18, 2011

Headboard Headaches

I decided that we needed a headboard in our room. We have never had one before, but it had become necessary. I ordered a nice one from csn.com and was happy to see that shipping was included. First headache: I read the fine print and realize that free shipping means I have to get it off the truck myself!! Seriously?!?! Luckily, the driver was really nice and just unloaded it for me and put it in my garage (Jim was out of town).

We finally get around to putting the headboard in our room. That dang box was HEAVY!!!! We had pulled the bed a few feet away from the wall and covered it so we could lay the headboard on it to unpack it. Get it unpacked and just set it against the wall. There is no way to hook our bed frame to the head board. Headache #2: We learn that we need an adapter kit. OK, fine. We order one online and deal with the fact that we'll have to wait another week to put our bed together.

We lean the headboard almost straight against the wall and push the bed up almost against it. Headache #3: It is then that we realize the headboard is eastern king size and not california king size. Even when we get the adapter kit, we won't be able to hook it up!!! I check my order, did I really order the wrong size? Nope, they sent the wrong size. So I go online and fill out a return request and ask to exchange the item, then wait for the return authorization.

Headache #4: When the email comes, they say, "Sure you can return it. Pack it up in the original packaging, ship it with the carrier of your choice and we'll refund most of your money." What?!?! Did I mention that this headboard is huge and very heavy. Instead of being outraged, I fret and worry all day about how I'm going to do this until I got a clue this afternoon. I called and talked to a person. They said they would have the truck come back and pick it up and sent out the correct item. Yay! We still have to repack it, but hopefully, it won't be too painful.

Here's a picture of our wrong sized headboard. Can't wait for the real thing!

6 comments:

Cerise "Mama" Outhier said...

Eastern Kings should be abolished. Nothing but trouble. Last year I purchased a comforter & bed skirt that came with 7 pillows from Overstock.com. Was so excited & loved the entire thing. However, the bed skirt was for an Eastern King, but it was advertised as CA King. So annoyed. But I LOVE your headboard! I'm looking at a new bed (headboard & footboard) that looks quite similar =)

Tara and Tyler said...

A wise person once told me "Ya know, you try and you try and you try and sometimes it just is not worth it." :)

Shannon said...

I love the headboard! It's beautiful. I hope the new one comes without incident. Sorry for the headaches. I hate having to return things I buy online and a big heavy item is even worse. Blah, but yay for a pretty bed!

vdhfamtng said...

I have never heard of an Eastern King bed. Huh. How annoying. Well, the headboard looks lovely anyway! It'll be great when the correct one comes in!

Kate said...

What a pain! I had never heard of an Eastern King either. It will be all worth it in the end- it looks so nice :)

Anonymous said...

I didn't know there was such a thing as eastern king size. Sounds like you've been through a lot with this headboard but it looks like it'll be worth it! We've been married 12 years and have never had a headboard. But after reading about your ordeal I think I'll let that stay at the bottom of "the list" :)