Tuesday, April 12, 2011

New Table

This last weekend, I bought a little table and four chairs from a guy on craigslist. It's a cheap little resin plastic table, but I actually love that it's small. Our patio isn't that big and I can tuck this in the corner so the girls can still play and ride around. Daddy was out of town, but we got some dinner and took it outside to eat. It was so fun!! Can't wait to do more of it this summer.
Rachel and I worked on her decals in the afternoon too! Her's were easier to do and she was able to help quite a bit. She knew the whole routine after watching her big sisters. She helped me place the decal on the wall, smoothed it out with the little card and then peeled the clear backing off. It was very fun and she was proud of her work. Liz came in toward the end and lent a helping hand.
I also forgot to post the little game of mini-golf Dad set up on Sunday afternoon. The girls had a blast trying to get around his obstacles and Rachel got a hole-in-one!!
And just so you don't get the impression that our life is all fun and games and picnics outside, we did have a rather dramatic afternoon when Miriam got a splinter in her finger during my piano lesson. She cried and screamed when I tried to get it out and wouldn't hold still. I made her go into her room and cry there so I could finish my lesson. We tried again and I'm pretty sure I now have some hearing loss from her full out screams, then my doorbell rang and a friend stopped by to drop something off. Finally, in the third try, we got most of it out. I sent her to lay down on the sofa where she promptly fell asleep. *Sigh*

1 comment:

Shannon said...

My kids are super jealous of Rachel's "painting" and asked if they could paint something on their wall. Um, no. :) I love that you have all that space for a golf course! The house looks just fantastic. I especially love the fireplace! So sad about Mimi's drama. Hopefully she has made a full recovery. Love you guys!