Thursday, November 24, 2011

Grandma B Visits!!

On Tuesday, Grandma B took the train and came to visit us for the day.  She wanted to help me get ready for Christmas and she wanted to take the girls Christmas shopping for Mom and Dad.  I picked her up while everyone was still at school, so we had a little time to chat.  The big girls got out at 11:30, so we picked them up and went home.  While they snuggled and loved, I ran and got Rachel from school.

Mom got started on a batch of chocolate bread while I got lunch for everyone.  (Jim and Ryan were home sick still.)  After we ate, Grandma read the girls the new book she brought.  Then she headed out with the girls and their list of ideas for Mom and Dad.  I wished her luck!




When they got home, they went straight to wrapping.  In the meantime, I finally unpacked the last three boxes that had our pictures in them.  Mom and I got pictures hung up through the front of the house.  It looks really nice and homey now.  I quickly put together dinner while Grandma had some more snuggle time with the girls.  By the time we ate and cleaned up, it was time to take her back to the train station.  It was such a fun time and it was really good to see my mom for a day.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Sounds like a great day with Mom! I love that she baked chocolate bread for us. :) Did she and Ryan randomly have matching Nauvoo hoodies? That's funny.

Tasha said...

Your Mom is so fun!! :)