It was kind of a crazy week and plans changed a couple times, but we ended up staying home and having Thanksgiving with just the six of us. I was actually kind of excited about it just being us for the day. I went ahead and ordered two turkey breasts from Ralphs and we had already ordered a pie from Marie Callender's, but I did all the rest.
I got up in the morning and got the rolls going. I tried the Lion House dinner roll recipe. Liz and the girls helped me roll them up. They didn't shape up quite right, but they tasted great. Liz and Miriam peeled all the carrots for me. Miriam especially loved this job. She wants to be a professional carrot peeler when she grows up. I got them grated and in the foil and ready to toss in the oven later.
After lunch, the girls and I made little turkey nut cups for the table. A little lame, but a fun project for us.
Jim volunteered to peel the potatoes while I got out the china and crystal and set the table. Then I finished getting everything ready. We had turkey, stuffing, potatoes, gravy, carrots, rolls, and olives. I also put out my teacups and we had hot apple cider. It was a very fun little Thanksgiving dinner. The girls loved that I let them have a big goblet to drink from and they also loved their nut cups.
Jim and Ryan washed and dried all the dishes and we got it all cleaned up pretty quick. We had pumpkin pie and French apple pie for dessert. I was amazed that Miriam and Rachel ate a whole piece of pumpkin pie and a little surprised that Liz didn't. She had been wanting pumpkin pie for the last two months. Oh well.
We have much to be thankful for this year and my heart was full. I am looking forward to a wonderful Christmas season with my family now.
Saturday, November 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
Your table looked so beautiful! It's always kind of fun to get to use the china and crystal. :) Glad you had good helpers with those carrots too. I am making grated carrots tonight and I asked Weston to help me peel the carrots and he couldn't figure out how to do it! Silly boy. Anyway, yay for a nice Thanksgiving at home. Love you!
Happy Thanksgiving! I love the turkey project, it looks great. Great looking feast!
It sounds like it was a great thanksgiving. You made it look just beautiful too. I had fun letting my boys help in baking and fun too. Happy Thanksgiving!!
There's something nice about having a quiet Thanksgiving with just your family. My kids got excited over the china and fancy glasses too...it's the small things that make it fun!
I think your Thanksgiving sounded perfect. We had quite a nice one too. The holidays come and go by so fast. . .crazy!! I am excitedly preparing for your Christmas visit!!
Post a Comment