Saturday, February 14, 2009

But Why?

This is the phrase I hear all too often from my three year old. She asks questions about everything. All the time. This morning, we were having some Valentine loving in the rocking chair. She was taking advantage of my full attention by asking me all kinds of questions. I humored her and answered for awhile but then became tired. So I was answering: "Because," to all of her questions. Then I said to her, "Why do you ask so many questions?" She replied, "Because--" (I thought that was funny.) "--you keep answering them." I threw my head back and laughed. If only I had known. To get her to stop asking....stop answering!! Well, I don't think I'll stop answering anytime soon. For the most part it's cute and it's how she learns and I want to reinforce the idea that I know all the answers while I still can. ;)

3 comments:

Shannon said...

That is so funny! Perhaps I will try that technique the next time I am sick to death of hearing "why?" from my 3 year old. What a cutie that Mimi is.

Tara Brooks said...

Joylyn's favorite answer is "beetauz!" Nothing else. Just because!
Why did you pee in your choners? "beetauz". Why are you crying? "beetauz". What are you wearing? "beetauz". It's her favorite whether it makes sense or not.

The Curnow Family said...

I love that she's so curious!! Ha and that she replies so straight up! haha